Thursday 11 October 2012

Photography...

So when it comes your wedding day, the day goes so fast, you barely blink and it's over. So it's important to make sure you get photos of your day, and good ones at that.
Finding a photographer can be hard, but in my case it was easy, I happened to overhear people talking about a great wedding photographer, so I made sure I got her contact details. Now, most good photographers will have a website with a gallery page, which will help you see the style of photos they take.
For anyone checking this out in the Northwest, I would highly recommend - http://jillianhartleyphotography.co.uk/
It's really important to find a photographer that you feel comfortable with, and that you can work together to work out what photos you'd like to have. For example, I had photos of our rings taken, and photos of the table decorations etc. Its best to sort all of the fine details out before the big day as you won't want to be getting stressed on your day trying to work out what photos you want.
Like everything else I have mentioned on the blog, you need to make sure you budget for a photographer, otherwise you may get a shock when ringing round for estimates. Prices can vary drastically, going from hundreds, right upto thousands! Prices all vary depending on how long they are there, whether you'll get photos or just a CD, how far they will be travelling etc.
Now you might be thinking 'No photos?' Now a days, a lot of photographers give the option of having your photos put on a disc rather than having printed copies. I personally went for this option as there are so many websites which you have photo albums printed from, and they work out alot cheaper and better quality sometimes. Again, it depends on how much you want to spend. A we site I often use for all my photo printing is www.photobox.co.uk They always seem to have offers on so you could get a printed photo book for less than £30. It's worth looking around.
Any questions, just ask.
Thanks for reading x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kim! You and David were a pleasure to photograph and I really enjoyed being your photographer for the day!

    ReplyDelete